Thursday, May 19, 2011

25 Things about Me: #18

18. I watch entirely too much television, but love watching it with Allison, Alex and Kevin!

I heart TV. There I said it.

I cannot get enough TV.  The new shows, old shows, reality shows, not so much daytime shows, but definitely nighttime shows. If it’s on, then I’ve got to watch.

Allison, Alex and Kevin and I get together no less than 2 to 3 nights a week, depending on what shows are on. I can’t remember when we started getting together for TV, but I can’t remember when we weren’t.

These are the shows currently in rotation:

Mondays

The Bachelorette - This is our guilty pleasure show and it’s back starting next Monday, May 23rd. We can be honest with each other and say that this show has seen better days. So until they show’s producers decide to put new blood in as the bachelor or bachelorette, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to make it more interesting by developing our own game.

I create a book for each person that contains the pictures of each of the available suitors. There is some space for note-taking and a box for voting. Just before the rose ceremony, we pause the show and select which guys we think she’ll give a rose to. For each correct selection, you get a point. Bonus points are also available if you can correctly pick who will get the group date roses. We collect points each week and at the finale, we use a jeopardy-style wagering system to determine the winner of our game. It’s great fun and can cause quite an uproar in the group. I am the reigning champion, but if you ask Alex, he swears there were shenanigans during the finale and I have an asterisk next to my win. Can you guess who I defeated for the championship?

NOTE: We DO NOT watch this show LIVE. So, don’t text me on Monday nights about it. I don’t want to be disqualified from my own game.

Tuesdays

Glee – We are Gleeks. We love the music and hang on every moment just waiting for all the politically incorrect bombs that could be spoken at any moment.

Raising Hope – If you’re not watching, you should start. It is a hilarious new comedy on FOX that will have you rolling.

The Voice – This show is a breath of fresh air in the genre of singing competitions. The premise is different and the coaches, Adam Levine, Cee-Lo, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Shelton, make for a great TV. I can’t wait to see how it will end.

Wednesdays

American Idol – Duh.

Modern Family – If you’re not watching this show, you’re behind the times. Get with it. Guess what? Funny.

Our TV watching card is about to overload with the addition of the return of So You Think You Can Dance on Thursdays. We’ve decided to bump Wednesdays for Thursday viewing of Modern Family.

Other shows we’ve watched together include, but are not limited to:

The Office
Grey’s Anatomy
Private Practice
Chuck
Heroes (RIP)
Entourage
East Bound and Down
Friday Night Lights (RIP)
24 (RIP)
LOST (RIP and Good Riddance!)
Flight of the Conchords (RIP)

I watch a lot more TV than these shows listed. I don’t have cable at my house, so I employ HULU.com to do all of my TV watching. This is a great site and if you don’t mind waiting 24 hours to see a show, it’s free! Stay tuned for my commentary - Shows You Should Watch, but You’re Probably Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment