Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shows You Should Watch...

But you’re probably not.

I don’t have cable in my house, so I have to watch current TV on the website, HULU. The reason I’m telling you this is because I need you to watch these shows live, which in turn will keep them on the air. This is also the reason I watch most of my television over at Allison's. 

Here are top 4 new shows I am currently watching on HULU and feel you should strongly consider putting into your TV watching rotation. For my sake, at least.

Raising Hope - Airs on FOX - Tuesdays at 9:00pm EST

Synopsis: Raising Hope stars the Chance family finds themselves raising the newest addition to the household, Baby Hope. Months after a romantic encounter with a wanted felon, 23-year-old Jimmy Chance learns he is the father of a bouncing baby girl. Jimmy's quirky family members include his mother, Virginia, father Burt and great-grandmother, Maw Maw - are less than enthusiastic about the little one.

Why I like it: Everything about this show is so wrong that is so right. There is hardly a moment that you’re not laughing. I often have to rewind just so you can hear what you missed while I was laughing.


Happy Endings - Airs on NBC – Wednesdays at 10:00pm EST

Synopsis: Happy Endings is a modern comedy that chronicles how a couple's break-up will complicate all of their friends' lives and make everyone question their choices. When life throws you for a curve, hold on tight to the people you love. Every circle of friends has someone who's the gravitational center. For years, perfect couple Dave and Alex drew their friends in and held them together. Now that they've split, does this group have the stuff to stay together? This show isn't afraid to ask the embarrassing personal questions that inevitably arise in every long-term, close-knit group of friends.

Why I like it: This show is a hilarious and writing is exceptional. It has an interesting take on the friend collective. Bonus: There are a lot of one-liners sprinkle throughout every episode.


Justified - Airs on FX Network - Wednesdays at 10:00pm EST

Synopsis: Justified is based on the works of crime novelist Elmore Leonard, including Leonard's short story Fire in the Hole. Set in Harlan County, KY, Timothy Olyphant stars as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, who is fresh off the epic gun battle that concluded season one. Season two finds Bo Crowder dead, and the Crowder criminal grip on Harlan County broken. Givens must now face off against the criminal organizations that are moving to fill the void, and finds himself entangled once again with the mercurial Boyd Crowder.

Why I like it: Joe relentlessly recommended this show on Facebook. It was a hard sell for me because of my dislike for Timothy Olyphant. In spite of my aversion, I really like this show. Guess what?? GOOD! However, be warned. I spend most of the episodes wincing because at any moment someone is going to be shot. It will happen.


Memphis Beat Airs on TNT Network – Starts back Tuesday, June 14th

Synopsis: Memphis Beat centers on Dwight Hendricks, played by Jason Lee, a quirky Memphis police detective with an intimate connection to the city, a passion for blues music and a close relationship with his mother. He is "the keeper of Memphis," a Southern gentleman who is protective of his fellow citizens, reverential of the city's history and deeply rooted in its blues music scene.

Why I like it: Jason Lee as Dwight Hendricks, period, and Memphis is a great backdrop for a crime drama. Plus, it has a really funny ensemble cast that includes Alfre Woodard, D.J. Qualls, and Sam Hennings.
 
So do it already! Watch these shows. I'm begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment