Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Mutant Power

Friday marks the opening of X-Men: First Class and I am SUPER pumped about it. I love the X-Men films. This movie is a prequel to the others and I can’t wait to see how it all started. 


I have such a fascination with these movies and the concept of having special powers because I wish I had one. I often ask people what mutant or special power they would like to have. Most say to fly, super-human strength, or walk through walls. It’s always something lame like that. I don’t even have to think about it. I know exactly what my mutant power would be. Mine would be mind control. The ability to change people’s mind or place thoughts into their subconscious, now you’re talking. I can dig it. I just think of all the things I can do:

To that old boyfriend: I would place in their mind the thought that they can’t live without me and that it will cripple their existence.

To a boss: I would place in their mind the thought that I am the best employee and I need a sizeable raise.

To a bank teller: I would suggest that they hand me the contents of their cash drawer. No pesky notes or guns needed.

To an annoying person: I would suggest that they be still and/or quiet in my presence or better yet, that they would find me just as annoying as I find them and want with everything that is in them to be nowhere near me. I like that better.

The possibilities are endless. I already practice mind control in the rare chance that I may become mutant powered. I well aware that mutant powers are a suspension of reality, but a girl can hope.

**No one specific has been referenced in the above mentioned mind controls. However, if you think it might be you, well my mind control just might be working after all…

No comments:

Post a Comment