Saturday, April 9, 2011

25 Things about Me: #1

Years ago, when I first joined Facebook, there was a movement going around where people were prompted to tell 25 things about themselves in a note. These would be things that people may or may not know about you.  After doing so, you were to tag some of your friends in the hope that they would do the same thing. So, I thought, in an effort to get to know me and what makes me tick, I would expand on each thing. Here goes…
1. I was almost born in the vault at the Alabama State Capital. My mother was walking the steps, to induce labor, when a group of black Muslims trying to take over the Capital rushed a nearby radio station. All visitors and employees were taken into the vault for safe keeping. Luckily, I was late. I came three days later.
It was a Saturday, October 12, 1974. I didn’t arrive until October 15th. It was only until my teen years and a strong infatuation for Kirk Cameron, whose birthday is October 12th, that I wished for once I had been on time. But God thought better of it. Good thing.
Last year, my mother and I were talking about that incident. After a little research, I came across the court documents and this super 8mm footage on YouTube. I liken it to the Zapruder film.

2 years ago was the 35th anniversary of the day. It’s crazy to think that this could have been my birthday. That’s right…if you’re doing the math, I’ll be 37 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment