Thursday, April 21, 2011

25 Things about Me: #8

8. I always knew I was my Papa’s favorite granddaughter.

I am the third granddaughter on my Mother’s side of our family. My two older cousins were daughters of my Mother’s oldest brother. The three of us were our grandparents’ little stair steps. I was the runt and like any litter of puppies, the runt was always the sweetest and got the most attention. That was true in this case. Now, if you know me, it might be hard to imagine that, at one time in my life, I was sweet, but I was. I’m still sweet, but not near as often as I used to be.


I tended to get a lot of my Papa’s attention because of that and the fact that my older cousins tended to have rowdy and rebellious spells. We were like peas and carrots. One of my favorite things from when I was little was when he would come, pick me up from school and take me to McDonalds. While there, it wasn’t Happy Meals for us. We dined on Quarter Pounders and fried apple pies. Those were the best days.

Another thing is I like to think that my Papa passed on to my Mother and then she on to me was the value of a cat nap. At one moment, he’d be awake doing the crossword puzzle of the TV Guide and then the next, out like a light. This is my one of my favorite pictures of him.


I loved my Papa and he loved him some Vicki. He went home to be with the Lord in 2006. I miss him every day.

Here are the other revealed 25 things:

No comments:

Post a Comment