Saturday, April 23, 2011

This One is for Granny

Tomorrow is Easter and I always think of my grandmother on this day. Her name was Lillian, but she was Granny to me.


When I was a little girl, my cousins and I spent most days in the summer at her house.  One of our favorite things to do was to grab the cassette tape recorder with a microphone and sing old hymns together. Doing so would sometimes incite a riot as to who would hold the microphone and who would sing the lead, but when we figured it all out, we’d sing for her.  Granny loved to hear us sing. Her favorite song we sang was Were You There? This video is a jazzed up version on the song, but when I hear it, I just hear three little girls singing around an old microphone and Granny smiling from ear to ear.



Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment