Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Miss-ion

The nature of this blog will be purely anecdotal. It will be the stories of my life: from everyday happenings (only when something is worth noting) and those that have colored my past. These stories will be mainly ones that will most likely evoke belly laughter, but there will also be a sprinkle of sad. Thus spawns the title of my blog: The Miss-Adventures of a Southern Belle. In the double-entendre of it all, Miss, in the scope of this blog, can mean the either: Miss – meaning a young women, i.e.: Me and the fun things I do, or miss – meaning a failure to hit or meet, i.e.: the calamity that can ensue. (Side note: another possible blog title I was considering was Chronicles of Calamity. I thought better of it). In either case, these stories, whether funny or sad, will fulfill the definition.

NOW: Be warned grammar geniuses. If you plan on partaking of this blog, you will be asked to set aside your MLA fine-tooth comb, for critiquing this blog is ill-advised. If you cannot, my suggestion is to move on. I thank you for taking the time to get to this point, if you’ve even made it this far. As I’m typing now, I don’t see any red or green squiggles under anything, so I can only assume I’ve made it here without a grammar faux pas. If you can enjoy my stories in the possible fragmented sentences and mangled English that is my accent and way of speaking, then by all means, enjoy. I do promise to do my due diligence when it comes to matters of grammar and spelling.

With that said: Welcome to the blog of my life. Try not to wet yourself.

1 comment:

  1. YOU are awesome! Love the new blog...keep the stories coming!!

    ReplyDelete