Tuesday, April 19, 2011

25 Things about Me: #7

7. When I was about 3 or 4, I dreamed, even though at that age you couldn’t tell me that it wasn’t real, I was visited by Tinker Bell. I got a bloody nose when she went behind my headboard as I chased her. To this day, I’m a little scared of her.

Like I said, you couldn’t have told me that it wasn’t real. As an adult, I know that I was dreaming, but then, as a child, that heifer flew into my bedroom and taunted me. I’m sure it was probably a Sunday night and I had probably watched the Wonderful World of Disney on our TV. It would have been then that she was planted into my subconscious, as Tinker Bell always flew in during the credits with her wand and sprinkle fairy dust all over the castle. It was the makings of a disaster.


As I remember it, I awoke to look out my window to see something sparkly lingering outside. Before I knew it, Tinker Bell, then already in my room, was hovering over my bed where I lay.


When I reached out to grab her, she flew behind my headboard. I gave chase and didn’t see the wall there. I banged my nose on the wall and which, at the rate of speed I gave chase, caused my nose to bleed. I screamed for my mother and she was quick to come, clean me up and calm me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment